Read this article today over at Crosswalk titled “Pornography’s Pull: Michael O’Brien’s Journey toward Healing“… Very good and worth reading for every man, here are some stats the article lists…
- The Barna Research Group reports that 38% of adults believe it is “morally acceptable”to look at pictures of nudity or explicit sexual behavior.
- Every second of every day—28,258 Internet users are viewing pornography.
- A new pornographic video is being created in the United States every 39 minutes.
- There are 4.2 million pornographic website making up 12% of all total websites.
- Every day, there are 68 million pornographic search engine requests, which represent one-quarter of all requests.
- The pornographic industry is larger than the revenues of the top technology companies combined: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo, Apple, Netflix and EarthLink.
- Christians are susceptible as well — 47% of Christians reported, “Pornography is a major problem in the home.”